The DScaler team welcomes contributions to the project. Contributions can come in many forms and we are usually happy to accept:
Each of these will be discusssed in more detail below.
The following have kindly contributed to the project:
Jamie Sarner a Toronto Realtor
Julie Kinnear from Toronto MLS Listings
David Tsegai from Calgary Real Estate
Lorne Marr from Life Insurance Canada
Jay Banks from Vancouver Lofts
The DScaler project's successes so far have been built on the many hours of time given up not just by the developers but also by people taking the time to test often very buggy releases and report issues or help others on the many internet forums.
We really do value the time people scarifice to help keep the project moving forwards.
At the moment the developers would like to source as wide variety of test material as possible. We are particularly interested in:
- Transport stream dumps from digital broadcasters from around the world.
- Commercial SVCDs and VCDs with both video and film material, especailly those that have unusual features.
- Example DVDs where DScaler performs poorly.
If you can help us with any of this then please contact me.
The team welcome donations of all types of hardware and will often extend DScaler to support hardware we are given. If you are interested in donating hardware always contact me first.
If you are a happy DScaler user and would like to encourage the team to continue to develop new features and provide support please consider making a donations. Donations can be made through the SourceForge Donation system. Your donation will be used for the following purposes:
- Purchase of up to date hardware
- Purchase of test material
- Purchase of books and standards documentation
- Feature Sponsorship
- Donations to the EFF and OSI
If there is some feature that you would particularly like adding to DScaler and there has been no response to your feature requests on the forums and the mailing list you might consider trying to sponsor a particular feature. If you would like to be our first feature sponsor then contact me and we can try and match your request to a developer.
If you are a company and would like your advertisments to appear on our website or forum then you could consider project sponsorship. Any arrangement will be subject to our policy as outlined below. To discuss your requirements further
- Once rates are agreed payment must be made monthly with payment arriving by the 10th of the following month
- Either side can terminate the agreement at any time with one calendar months notice
- Up to three companies may sponsor the website at any one time, exclusive deals will not be considered
- The project administrators reserve the right to refuse to allow sponsorship for any reason
- Sponsorship does not imply a product recommendation nor that preferential support will be given
- Adverts will be removed without notice if they are buggy, contain inappropriate or offensive content or if no payement is received